Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

L.O.V.E. Blocks

I was looking at another one of my favourite websites for some ideas for decorations I could make for Valentines day and came across these...
I thought they were just perfect and realize that if they turned out alright I could use them in my decorations for my wedding coming up....
So off I went to the dollar store to get some boxes, when I came across canvas in many different sizes. I loved them so much, I decided to use those instead....and here is the finished product...




L is for the way you look at me 
(red scrap-booking paper, black L painted onto velum paper, red glitter stuck onto dots of glue and black marker to make the border)


O is for the only one I see
(red painted onto the border, cream scrap-booking paper, red corrugated paper cut into shape of O, brown chalk to smudge the edges of paper, butterfly embellishment)


V is very very extraordinary
(Black & red scrap-booking paper, red rhinestones, V painted on in cream paint, butterfly and rose embellishments)


E is even more then anyone that you adore.
(Cream scrap-booking paper, E cut out of red paper, purple ribbon, bow and heart embellishments)


Close-up of border on L


Close-up of red butterfly


Close-up of rose (this was from my jewellery making kit)


Close-up black butterfly


Gold embellishment on side of L

What do you guys think? I'm really happy with them, I might just keep them up all year round!!



No comments:

Post a Comment